Bioderma Sebium AKN, Bioderma Sebium Mat, Bioderma Sebium Exfoliating purifying gel
Here what their website (http://www.bioderma.com/) says:
• Sébium Mat, with its high matifying capacity, treats all the causes of shiny skin immediately and durably.
• Sébium Mat neutralises reflection through the unique action of original microparticles (silica and microspearls). The skin reflects less light (optical correction). • Sébium Mat absorbs excess sebum.
• Sébium Mat regulates sebum secretion, thanks to seboregulating agents (zinc gluconate, vitamin B6) working in synergy.
• Sébium Mat improves skin texture. Its exclusive patented Fluidactiv® complex maintains sebum quality, thereby preventing the pores from becoming blocked. Keratoregulating agents (AHA esters) speed up cellular renewal and tighten the pores.
• Non-comedogenic, its cream-gel texture is quickly absorbed, and ensures make-up holds well.
• Sébium Mat does not flake off.
• The skin remains clear, soft and perfectly matt all day long.
• Thanks to its patented exclusive Fluidactiv® complex, Sébium AKN preserves sebum quality, preventing deterioration and thickening, thus effectively reducing the appearance and development of imperfections.
• A complete treatment, Sébium AKN also treats all the factors responsible for skin imperfections. Kerato-regulating active ingredients cleanse the pores in depth. Zinc gluconate, sebo-regulating and purifying, slows down overproduction of sebum and the proliferation of micro-organisms that cause imperfections. Soothing agents ease red blotches.
• Sébium AKN smooths skin texture, leaving it clear and purified. It recovers its natural balance.
• Rich in hydrating agents, Sébium AKN is very comfortable to use.
• Non-comedogenic, its light, non-oily texture makes it easy to use.
• The tolerance of Sébium AKN is excellent.
• The micro-particles, reinforced by powerful keratoregulating active ingredients, have a mechanical action on spots and blackheads. They speed up the elimination of impurities, thus encouraging cellular renewal.
• The patented Fluidactiv® complex regulates sebum quality. The skin texture becomes finer, the pores are tightened up and the complexion is radiant.
• Sébium Exfoliating gel respects the cutaneous balance and prepares skin for the application of a care cream.
• Sébium Exfoliating gel is non-comedogenic.
So I chose Sebium AKN for the nighttime and used it for about a week now and it showed some good results on my face. Skin got much clearer, my wounds from spots reduced a bit and the redness got not that noticeable. When I wake up in the morning my forehead and nose looks super oily and this cream reduced that also. I don't really expect my skin to clear out that fast but it definitely did help me already. It does not dry my skin and most of acne treatment do.
The consistency is a bit strange for me, because it feels greasy and slimy, so it would not be a good idea to use this with make up. It does say that it's suited to use as a make up base, but it just wouldn't work well at all. You can even feel that it acts kind of crazy when you touch your face. And the smell... Well... It really does not have the best smell in the world. When I first applied it I thought my nose will kill me for using that, but now I got used to it (and for the truth if that stuff will help me, it can smell as bad as it wants!). One downside is that you only get 30 ml in the package so it will run out pretty fast.
And the ingredients are: WATER (AQUA), DI-C12-13 ALKYL MALATE, C12-13 ALKYL LACTATE, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, GLYCERIN, PTFE, SALICYLIC ACID, XYLITOL, ZINC GLUCONATE, ARACHIDYL ALCOHOL, GLYCERYL STEARATE, PEG-100 STEARATE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, LAMINARIA OCHROLEUCA EXTRACT, GLYCYRRHETINIC ACID, MANNITOL, GINKGO BILOBA EXTRACT, FRUCTOOLIGOSACCHARIDES, RHAMNOSE, BEHENYL ALCOHOL, POLYACRYLAMIDE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, ARACHIDYL GLUCOSIDE, C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN, XANTHAN GUM, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, LAURETH-7, DODECYL GALLATE, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM).
Cant say much about Sebium Mat yet, because I tried it only once. It feels lightweight and it's more like a fluid than the cream, it does absorb very quickly and it leaves matte finish. It does keep away oils from showing for a while but not all day long.
It also has a weird smell but this actually smells pretty good for me. It's also not very moisturizing, but it's enough moisturizing for me. I guess I'll need to use a make up base if I want my foundation look flawless, but firstly I'll try to use it without. I really want this to work well with my skin. It comes in 40 ml package, but you don't need so much. According the website it also comes in the tinted form, but I didn't see that in the pharmacies.
Ingredients: WATER (AQUA), GLYCERIN, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, XYLITOL, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, ISOSTEARYL ALCOHOL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL COCOATE, DI-C12-13 ALKYL MALATE, MANNITOL, RHAMNOSE, FRUCTOOLIGO-SACCHARIDES, LAMINARIA OCHROLEUCA EXTRACT, ZINC GLUCONATE, PYRIDOXINE HCL, GINKGO BILOBA LEAF EXTRACT, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, POLYACRYLAMIDE, SILICA, C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, LAURETH-7, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ETHYLCELLULOSE, GLYCERYL POLYACRYLATE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, DODECYL GALLATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CHLORPHENESIN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM).
Sebium Exfoliating purifying gel made me a huge impression. My face was as soft as babies ass!!! It was radiant and fresh for all day! It feels smooth even after few days after using it! And it really cleared some blackheads which was new for me. No joke it's the best exfoliator I have ever tried!
It's not harsh at all and there are a lot of small exfoliating particles. You can also leave it for a minute or two on your face after massaging because it has some kind of complex called Fluidactiv, witch is supposed to regulate sebum quality. It's heavily scented too and very similar to the Sebium Mat smell. This comes in the 100 ml tube and will last me quite a while because you don't need a lot of this gel.
Ingredients: WATER (AQUA), POLYETHYLENE, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, XANTHAN GUM, LAURYL GLUCOSIDE, GINKGO BILOBA EXTRACT, GLYCOLIC ACID, MANNITOL, RHAMNOSE, XYLITOL, FRUCTOOLIGOSACCHARIDES, PRO PYLENE GLYCOL, TRIDECYL SALICYLATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, DISODIUM EDTA, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM).
On the other hand I have to add that my skin is not quite sensitive. I mean sometimes I get bad reaction with few products but it's not a regular thing. So I would recommend trying it first if you have sensitive skin because it could give some bad reaction.