3/19/10

Review: Joico Moisture Recovery Shampoo & Conditioner


Usually I use simple shampoo and conditioner from any drugstore, and don't like to spend a lot for that kind of products. I mean, I'd better buy more expensive hair mask or serum, than a shampoo. Actually I haven't found any favorites yet, well maybe my Tresemme hair care worked the best for me so far.

So about two weeks ago, I was visiting annual exhibition of beauty products and services called "Cinderella" which took part in Vilnius city, Lithuania. There were a lot of make up products as well as hair stuff. And how can you not buy anything in that kind of exhibition, huh? I grabbed few make up products, but what mostly caught my eye was huge exhibition stand with lots of hair stuff like Tigi, Joico, Catwalk and others. I was almost decided to grab some shampoo from Tigi, when the sales lady introduced me with amazing deal- a set of Joico Moisture Recovery shampoo & conditioner with 50% off, and the set itself was like only one product worth price, so I couldn't resist :)

Note on the box says: the increasingly popular Moisture Recovery Conditioner from Joico was honored as winner in the Favorite Conditioner category. As part of the Moisture Recovery collection, this conditioning formula has emerged and come up as the favorite formula for dry hair. The technology advanced conditioner contains Hydramine Sea Complex, Quadramine Complex and jojoba oil to provide the ultimate in moisture replenishment. Dry standards are revitalized and restored to a beautifully hydrated, smooth and manageable state with increased elasticity. For some strange reason, there were nothing said about shampoo... Oh well, what can you do, right?

Shampoo ingredients: AQUA, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCOL DISTEARATE, SODIUM METHYL COCOYL TAURATE, COCAMIDE MEA, CHLORELLA VULGARIS EXTRACT, HYDROLYZED ALGIN, MARIS AQUA (HYDRAMINE SEA COMPLEX), SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL, HYDROLYZED KERATIN (QUADRAMINE COMPLEX), COCODIMONIUM HYDROXYPROPYL HYDROLYZED KERATIN, SILICONE QUATERNIUM- 16, PEG-150, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRASTERATE, PEG-6 CAPRYLIC/ CAPRIC GLYCERIDES, SODIUM COCOAMPHOACETATE, UNDECETH-11, BUTYLOCTANOL, UNDECETH-5, ARGININE, GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, SODIUM CITRATE, SORBITOL, STEARYL DIHYDROXYPROPYLDIMONIUM OLIGOSACCHARIDES, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, CITRIC ACID, DMDM HYDRANTOIN, DISODIUM EDTA, ENZYL BENZOATE, LIMONENE, PARFUM, BLUE 1 (CL 42090), EXT. VIOLET 2 (CI 60730), YELLOW 5 (CI 19140).
Conditioner ingredients: AQUQ, ISOPENTYDIOL, SORBITOL, DIMETHICONE, STEARYL ALCHOHOL, BEHENYL ALCOHOL, BEHENTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, SIMMONDSIA ALGIN, CHLORELLA VULGARIS EXTRACT, MARIS AQUA (HYDRAMINE SEA COMPLEX), HYDROLYZED KERATIN (QUADRAMINE COMPLEX), HYDROLYZED KERATIN (QUADRAMINE COMPLEX), COCODIMONIUM HYDROXYPROPYL HYDROLYZED KERATIN, AMINOPROPYL DIMETHICONE, CITRIC ACID, PEG-6 METHYL ETHER DIMETHICONE, PEG-90M, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM CITRATE, STEARTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, STEARYL DIHYDROXYPROPYLDIMONIUM OLIGOSACCHARIDES, ISOPROPYL ALCHOHOL, IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE, DMDM HYDANTOIN, LIMONENE, BENZYL BENZOATE, PARFUM, BLUE 1 9CI 42090), EXT. VIOLET 2 (CI 60730), YELLOW 5 (CI 19140).


I have a long curly hair with very dry ends and my roots tend to get oily in two days, so I need a shampoo that would get rid of oiliness and a very good moisturizer.

Joico shampoo does not leather too much, but just enough to give a good cleanse. It seems that it doesn't dry out the hair, and supposedly it should moisturize. Although with conditioner I feel like I need lots of it, because it has a thin consistency and it does not make my hair as sleek as I want it to be. And I am sure that I will run out of conditioner while I'll still have lots of shampoo left. Furthermore I don't feel that my hair looks very healthy or shiny after they are dried. I like the smell of shampoo, but the conditioner is a little bit too sweet, but the smell goes away when you rinse it off. I find it a bit difficult to get some conditioner from the bottle when it is used some times and the bottle is not full. Overall, I will use it up, but never buy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment