1/12/10

Review: Artdeco Eyeshadow Base

To start with, I need to mention, that I had quite some use from this stuff. Nothing ever helped for my eye shadows staying power before and I was so jealous when for others seemed to work only using foundation underneath or even nothing at all. While mine eye make up was always gone after hour or so. When I first heard of it, I was not into make up so much and the make up primer was new to me. For few first times I found it hard to work with and some other downsides, but well I have to say it kept my make up in place whatever I was doing for all day long. And it makes eye shadows little bit more vibrant.
So I got used to it and now it's like 3 or 4 years of using this. I have to say, that I have tried some other primers which let me down so why spend money for stuff that I will not use... Well ok, now I found some good ones too, but that happened only past few months, and I'm still loving Artdeco. It comes in black plastic 5 milliliter jar and is quite convenient, because you can get every last drop of that, but you need to stick your finger, which is not so much hygienic.

I would not use this with brush because I found out that it applies smoother when it's warmed up by body heat. And it's better to wait till it's dry before putting eye makeup, because it will blend more easily. You don't need to use a lot of the product. Believe me, if you will use too much it will crease.
Be sure that you closed the cap tightly because it could dry up quickly!

I can see why some people might not like this. It has pretty strong almost male perfume-ish smell, but it does not bather me. I don't imagine why it's scented like that, but when I apply it on my eyes I don't really feel the smell, actually when I was checking on the smell, I had to stick my nose to it, but well, you don't have to do that :)

Other weird thing is, that when you look in the jar it seems that there are quite some glitter. But I don't see them when the base is applied so that does not bather me also.
Looks like the base has nude tint, but when it's applied, it's translucent. I would prefer that this would flesh toned so it would conceal my eye lids.

Between other good quality eye shadow bases this one is cheapest I could find, so even I can't resist trying other ones, I will keep coming back to this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment